What other regulations or permits are required for construction in Ponca City?

Floodplain Development Permits Any development within the Special Flood Hazard Area identified in the Flood Insurance Rate Map or in the Ponca City Stormwater Master Plan will require a Floodplain Development Permit from the City of Ponca City. Development is defined as any manmade changes to any improved or unimproved real estate, including, but not limited to, changes to buildings or other structures such as mining, dredging, filling, grading, paving, excavation, or drilling operations. Your actions should not result in raising flood waters and causing other damage. If you see construction or filling dirt within a floodplain, but no Floodplain Development Permit is posted on the site, call the City. For more information about Floodplain Development Permit or to report unpermitted activity within the floodplain, contact the Ponca City Development Services Department at (580) 767-0383 or Ponca City Engineering Department at (580) 767-0326.  Stormwater Detention Requirements The City of Ponca City prohibits an increase in stormwater runoff by development of all new commercial / industrial development projects and residential development above a certain size or in a critical area. This requirement is met by storing stormwater on site and releasing it at a controlled rate. Questions about these requirements can be addressed to the Ponca City Engineering Department at (580) 767-0326. Stormwater Discharge Permits If you are planning construction activities that will disturb more than one acre you must have a Stormwater Discharge Permit from the Oklahoma State Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). Certain industrial activities also require DEQ permits to discharge uncontaminated stormwater runoff. More information on DEQ stormwater permitting can be found on their website. Additional stormwater pollution prevention information can also be found on the City website on the Stormwater Information page or by calling (580) 767-0453.

Show All Answers

1. What are the permit, bonding, and insurance requirements to work in rights of way in Ponca City?
2. What other regulations or permits are required for construction in Ponca City?