The City of Ponca City encourages businesses and residents to recycle. The Ponca City Solid Waste Division operates a drop-off recycling center. The recycling center is open Tuesday through Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. An attendant is present during business hours to provide assistance if needed.
Items accepted at the Recycling Center include:
- Cardboard – Cereal boxes, paper towel rolls, brown paper sacks, boxes etc.
- Newspapers – The slick inserts don’t have to be removed.
- Magazines – Catalogs, any paper that is shiny.
- Office paper – Junk mail, any colored paper, etc.
- White Paper – Any white office paper or any computer paper.
- Phone Books
- Books – Any hardback or paperback book.
- Tin and Steel Cans – Please rinse.
- Glass – Colored or clear glass. Please rinse.
- Aluminum cans – Soda and beer cans.
- Various Assorted Metals – Copper, brass, aluminum pie tines, steel.
- Batteries – Any type of automotive or marine lead acid batteries.
- Water Heaters – Gas or electric.
- Latex Paint – Water based latex paint in useable condition, not dried out.
Items not accepted at the Recycling Center include:
- Fabric (clothes or carpet)
- Refrigerant – refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, etc.
- Styrofoam – packing peanuts etc.
- Enamel Paint
- Chemicals – Pool chemicals, pesticide, herbicide, antifreeze etc.
Please note that all recyclable materials must be separated into appropriate bins at the Recycling Center to prevent them from being contaminated.