Citizen's Police Academy
PONCA CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT CITIZEN POLICE ACADEMY INFORMATION
Click Here for the Application Form
- Academy 18 will begin on Thursday, January 23, 2014 and will conclude on April 10, 2014 and graduation will be April 17th.
- Classes meet each Thursday from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
- There is no cost to the participants.
- There is no expectation that participants/academy graduates will join the volunteer pool for the department. They may do so if they choose.
- Applicants should have ties to the Ponca City community.
- Since each session builds on the information from previous sessions, attendance is required.
- The course is a blend of lecture, demonstrations, tours, and practical application
Police Department organization
Hiring & training
Traffic enforcement and crash investigations
DUI & alcohol related offenses
Major Crimes Unit
Crimes against property & person
Use of Force Simulator